Bi-Lo can be a great place to shop once you know what you are doing. This guide will take you through the steps of what you need to know to score some amazing savings.
Before you begin, make sure you have read my Beginner’s Guide To Couponing. If you already know all this, then move on to the what’s next.
Where Are Bi-Lo Stores Located?
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
They also own Harvey’s and Winn Dixie which are in other states.
Do They Double Coupons?
Yes. Here is their policy:
- Only (5) five coupons on like items are eligible to double.
- Manufacturer coupons with a value of 60¢ or less will double, unless otherwise posted at store level.
- Double coupon redemption applies only to manufacturer coupons. BI-LO store coupons and competitor store coupons will not be doubled.
- Competitor coupons, coupons for free product, electronic coupons, coupons foralcohol/tobacco and coupons that state “do not double” will not be doubled.
(*SOME Carolina stores double up to $0.99!!! Always see our best deals in our special Carolina Blue color showing these huge doubling deals)
General Coupon Acceptance
There are certain guidelines you need to keep in mind. The main one being that you can only use 5 LIKE coupons per transaction. That is not 5 coupons total. That means you can use (5) $1/1 Dove Shampoo, (5) $1/2 Knorr Pasta etc. Some coupons limit their use and say on them limit of 4 per transaction and that takes precedent over the store policy.
Bi-Lo maintains the right to refuse to accept any coupon. The coupon cannot exceed the price of the product and no cash back is given.
You can find the complete coupon policy here It’s important to your store’s coupon policy no matter where you shop. This will help you avoid a lot of confusion and frustration at the register.
Bi-Lo also offers their own store coupons which you can stack with a manufacturer’s coupon. Combined with BOGO sales these can mean FREE items!
Bi-Lo does is to accept competitor coupons.
- BI-LO accepts competitor’s BOGO coupons, one coupon per like item, per day, per customer.
- BI-LO accepts competitor’s store brand coupons, one coupon per like item per day per customer.
- BI-LO will not match competitor advertised prices. The advertised offer must include the word “coupon” to be redeemed as competitor coupon.
- BI-LO will redeem competitor coupons for money off an entire transaction, one couponper customer per day. BI-LO will not redeem competitor coupons for percentages off of order totals.
- Local competitors are defined as any grocery retailer in the local marketing area who sells like items. Coupons from club retailers such as SAM’s, Costco, and BJ’s will not be honored
When you “stack” coupons that means you can use more than one to buy them same item. You stack a Bi-Lo store coupon with a manufacturer’s coupon for greater savings. It does NOT mean using 2 manufacturer’s coupons on the same item.
Stacking With BOGO Sale
Another great reason to shop at Bi-Lois that you can combine stacked coupons with BOGO sales. Their BOGO sales are basically 50% off sales. You do not need to buy 2 to get the deal. For example, if Dove shampoo is on BOGO and the regular price is $4.00 then when you buy 1 it will be $2.00. If you have a $2/1 coupon that makes it FREE. Bi-Lo has a lot of BOGO sales! It is one of their big draws.
You can get Bi-Lo coupons two different ways. They mail them out and from a printer at the register. These print out after your receipt. Many times these are not off one particular product but are more general. For example, you might get a coupon for $1 off coffee after buying coffee.
Where Can I Get Coupons?
There are a lot of great ways to get manufacturer’s coupons. Here are some of the ways you can get coupons:
- Sunday paper – Red Plum, Smartsource & P&G are the three types of inserts offered.
- Insert Seller
- Printable Coupons —>> Click Here
- Bi-Lo Digital – these are actually manufacturer coupons
- Neighbors and Friends ( ask them to save the paper for you)
Click here for tips on printing coupons.
In this scenario you are going to use a Bi-Lo coupon with a manufacturer coupon. Let say Herbal Essence is on sale. Here is what you would do :
Buy 1 Herbal Essence Shampoo on sale for $4.00
Use (1) $2/1 Herbal Essence Shampoo from the Sunday Paper
Use (1) $2/1 Bi-Lo coupon from home mailer
Out Of Pocket (OOP) = FREE
Match Ups & Best Deals
Here at CouponConfidants.com you will find the best Bi-Lo deals each week. These usually are posted the Saturday before the sale begins. Click here to see this week’s Best Deals. You can check out our match up to see all the sales and all the coupons that go with it. We save you time and help your prepare for you shopping trip. Everything you need is right here! Hot deal? We break it down for you!! It’s that easy!
Bi-Lo does offer rain checks if the product you want is out of stock
Bi-Lo Plenti Points
Bi-lo no longer offers fuelperks. They are part of the plenti point system which allows you to earn fuel perks and other benefits that can be used at numerous venues besides Bi-Lo. It’s the same point system that Rite Aid uses. If you have fuelperks points you can still use those until they are gone.
Join my Facebook group and ask questions and share your Bi-Lo experience. You can also join our Bi-Lo only deal group as well. We love to see our readers hauls so share those as well. You are going to love shopping at Bi-Lo.
**Don’t forget, always print TWO coupons per device to maximize your savings!
Like our page? Come chat with us in our Bi-lo only Facebook group with 8 k members and growing! Click HERE!
Be sure to like and follow our Facebook page so you never miss a deal. Click HERE!
Check out this AWESOME little coupon box below! Lozo always has amazing coupons to print and their easy search box makes finding your favorites a breeze!