I love crock pot recipes but often find a lot end up tasting the same. The "stew" flavor is great, don't get me wrong, but I wanted something with a different taste and a slight kick. I searched for some Mississippi Roast Recipes and found that so many people love making this! Some use Ranch packet instead of Italian, some use butter instead of broth. I tried the one below and was pleasantly surprised! It was love at first bite! The best part about this is you can choose to use pork or chicken, if you don't want to go with the chuck roast. Check it out and give it a try! I'm sure you will love it!
Now that we have our ingredients ready to go, it’s time to assemble the masterpiece! I recommend spraying/greasing the bottom of the crock pot, just to keep clean up easy.
- Rinse and pat dry your chuck roast and place it in the crock pot.
- Salt and Pepper each side lightly as the Italian seasoning and the peppers will add great flavor as well!
- Add 16 oz jar of Pepperoncinis with the juice
- Sprinkle in the full pouch of Italian Dressing Mix
- Pour in your Beef Broth (You may not need the whole can, as you do not want to submerge the roast or peppers. We are just giving it enough liquid to sit in)