I love crock pot recipes but often find a lot end up tasting the same. The “stew” flavor is great, don’t get me wrong, but I wanted something with a different taste and a slight kick. I searched for some Mississippi Roast Recipes and found that so many people love making this! Some use Ranch packet instead of Italian, some use butter instead of broth. I tried the one below and was pleasantly surprised! It was love at first bite! The best part about this is you can choose to use pork or chicken, if you don’t want to go with the chuck roast. Check it out and give it a try! I’m sure you will love it!
Let’s get our ingredients together first! This is so easy and fast, you can get it together in the morning before work or before tending to the kiddos and it will cook and smell up the house the rest of the day while you get your errands and to-do list done.
- (1) 2 – 3 lb Chuck Pot Roast
- (1) Packet of Italian Seasoning Dressing Mix
- (1) 16 oz Jar of Pepperoncini Peppers (*I bought a 32 oz jar and used half with half of the juice as well)
- Salt and Pepper to taste on Roast
- (1) 14.5 oz can of Beef Broth (I used part of a carton I had in my stockpile)